Role at YMCA Humber:
Deadline 15th August
The role of Night Concierge is required to oversee the safety of YMCA Humber Peaks Lane staff, residents, and premises between the hours during the night.
The key elements of this role, reporting to the Property Service Lead, include –
- Ensuring the welfare, safety and security of our residents and buildings overnight.
- Making regular security checks ensuring building are secure, noise and disruption are kept to a minimum, and common areas and fire exits are kept free from obstructions.
- Manage safe evacuation of the site in case of a fire alarm where necessary.
- Administer basic first aid if required.
- Monitoring CCTV of various sites and take appropriate action, as necessary.
- Control ‘out of hours’ access to buildings by residents.
- Provide informal support or signposting to residents if needed, and hand over appropriate information to relevant daytime staff.
- Carry out immediate risk assessments as required.
- Ensuring that designated areas are clean, secure, and safe.
- Carry out preparation for following days breakfasts, activities, setting up rooms for meetings/events etc., within the designated hostel.
The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
- A good level of education.
- Experience of building management, Health and safety or maintenance.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Be able to work unsociable hours, including some public holidays / weekends on a rota basis.
This role is full time 40 hours per week to include weekends and evenings. See our website for the full job description. To apply for this role please email Kate.conway@YMCA-Humber.com with your CV and supporting statement of no more than 2 pages by Friday 14th August 2020. Please note this role requires an enhanced DBS.