Job role post through YMCA Humber:
Deadline 15th August
In 2001, YMCA Humber opened The Foyer, providing supported housing, based upon a self-contained model, for 26 young people. Our Foyer Project offers supported accommodation for 16-24 year-olds who are actively involved in education, training or volunteering.
This role, reporting to the Accommodation Lead, will work with a dedicated caseload to actively engage residents to develop and implement a positive support plan covering the following areas:
- Practical living skills, including shopping, cooking, cleaning, laundry etc.
- Budgeting and money management.
- Maintaining healthy relationships.
- Improving health and wellbeing, including mental health.
- Maintaining good personal hygiene and cleanliness of accommodation.
- Accessing and engaging with external agencies and services.
- Accessing education, training, and employment opportunities.
- Preparing for a successful move on and living independently.
A methodical, well organised and positive approach to work is essential.
A knowledge of the training, education and voluntary sector, social housing, the welfare benefits system and the ability to keep comprehensive records is essential.
This role is full time 40 hours per week to include weekends and evenings.
See our website for the full job description. To apply for this role please email Kate.conway@YMCA-Humber.com with your CV and supporting statement of no more than 2 pages by Friday 14th August 2020. Please note an enhanced DBS is required for this role.