Deadline: Round 4: 6 December 2023
The FCC Community Action Fund offers funding of between £2,000 and £100,000 to projects which fall within WREN policy and the Landfill Communities Fund.
They will accept applications for the provision, maintenance or improvement of the following types of public amenity:
- Village Halls and Community Centres
- Public Play Areas
- Publicly available Multi use games areas, skate parks and BMX tracks
- Sport and recreation grounds including pavilions and clubhouses with full public access
- Churches – community spaces only
- Nature Reserves
- Public gardens, parks, country parks and woodlands with at least dawn to dusk access
The project site must be open and accessible for the general public. It should be somewhere where the general public can go, join or use without any limit or restrictions of use (or with reasonable access costs) being in place.
Examples of projects eligible for funding include:
- Replacement doors and windows in village hall or community centre.
- Provision of children’s play equipment in public open space.
- Construction of footpaths and cycleways in a public park.
- Providing all weather play surface for MUGA (multi use games area).
- Dipping platform and all weather paths at a local nature reserves.
- Provision of Skate Park.
The kinds of costs that may be included in the required funding are:
- Capital items.
- Small items of equipment used by volunteers and staff to deliver the project.