On 21 June, the Government published for consultation a proposed update to the statutory guidance, Working Together to Safeguarding Children. The consultation runs until 6 September 2023.
The consultation and opportunities to participate:
The consultation opened on 21 June, and will run for 11 weeks, with the consultation closing on 6 September 2023. Working Together to Safeguard Children: changes to statutory guidance – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Throughout this period, we will be running engagement events, to help all partner agencies and stakeholders involved in children’s social care to engage with the consultation process. This is essential to develop collaborative, multi-agency guidance that reflects the whole system and speaks to all stakeholders, no matter their professional background or sector.
Working Together to Safeguard Children 2023 – Consultation Events
We will be running four types of events, on the dates outlined below:
- Open events: Thursday 29th June (10:00) and Monday 4th September (15:00)
- Thematic events with multi-agency/sector participation:
- Thursday 6th July (11:00) A shared endeavour
- Tuesday 18th July (14:00) Help and support for children and their families
- Wednesday 2nd August (11:00) Strengthening multi-agency safeguarding arrangements
- Monday 7th August (11:00) Decisive, multi-agency child protection
- Parent and carer event: Date TBC
Please sign up using the following link: Free Online Working Together to Safeguard Children Events | Eventbrite