Currently closed – suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic
The funding is for UK citizens to travel anywhere in the world for between four and eight weeks, with the aim of gaining knowledge and experience that will bring real benefit to others in their community, profession and in the UK as a whole.
The value of a Churchill Fellowship varies from case to case based on the project, destination(s) to be visited and the duration of the Fellowship. Grants usually cover a stay overseas of between four to eight weeks.
The grant covers:
- Economy return flights to the UK.
- Internal travel in the country of destination.
- Food and accommodation for the duration of the travels.
Some costs for interpreters, carers and conference attendances may also be covered, on a case-by-case basis.
Up to 150 Fellowships are awarded each year.
The Trust aims to support projects that:
- Can provide public benefit in the UK, whether to a community, a sector or the country as a whole.
- Could not be researched in the UK and therefore require overseas travel.
- Are not already being implemented widely in the UK.