Grants for UK-based registered charities that are providing support for the most disadvantaged developing countries in the world. Support is available to: sexual and reproductive health; nutrition; education; and water, sanitation and hygiene.
At present, through the World Development Programme, the Foundation is supporting four principal themes of work to help achieve this goal which are as follows:
- Improving access to high-quality education (small grants)
- Supporting access to clean drinking water, and improved sanitation and hygiene (small grants)
- Help prevent and tackle global under-nutrition
- Increasing access to sexual and reproductive health services
Currently, the Foundation offers two funding streams:
- Main grants – for large, established organisations working at a regional or national scale that can demonstrate the sustained impact of their programmes, working in the priority areas of sexual and reproductive health and nutrition.
- Small grants – for smaller organisations who are delivering projects on a more localised scale across all four priority areas.