Grants for UK-based registered charities that are providing support for the most disadvantaged developing countries in the world. Support is available to: improve an individual’s ability to access a high-quality education; support communities to have access to clean drinking water, sanitation and hygiene; help prevent and tackle global under-nutrition; and to increase access to sexual and reproductive health services.
At present, through the World Development Programme, the Foundation is supporting four principal themes of work to help achieve this goal which are as follows:
- Improving access to high-quality education.
- Supporting access to clean drinking water, and improved sanitation and hygiene.
- Help prevent and tackle global under-nutrition.
- Increasing access to sexual and reproductive health services.
Currently, the Foundation offers two funding streams:
- Main grants – for large, established organisations working at a regional or national scale that can demonstrate the sustained impact of their programmes, working in the priority areas of sexual and reproductive health and nutrition.
- Small grants – for smaller organisations who are delivering projects on a more localised scale across all four priority areas.