A small number of free training places are available for anyone interested in becoming a volunteer Eco-Schools Green Flag Assessor for Keep Britain Tidy.
- Are you passionate about environmental education?
- Would you like to help create great community cohesion in your Local Authority?
- Would you like to help encourage young people to become more environmentally responsible?
- Would you like to encourage schools to become more sustainable and environmentally aware?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you may be interested in becoming an Eco-Schools Green Flag Assessor.
The Eco-Schools programme is the largest sustainable schools programme in the world. There are more than 30 schools registered in North East Lincolnshire.
The Eco-Schools Green Flag is an international award schools attain to show their commitment to the environment.
To gain the Green Flag, the school must be assessed by an Eco-Schools Green Flag Assessor.
This process involves the assessor reading the school’s Green Flag application documents, and then visiting the school to meet the Eco-Committee and Eco-Coordinator to assess whether the Eco-Schools ethos is embedded throughout the school.
- Receive professional volunteering training
- Meet others interested in the Eco-Schools programme
- Gain inspiration from real-life examples of environmental action and learning
- Develop skills in communication, observation and assessment
- Practice report writing and administration skills
- Have fun!
Provisionally, the training date will be in the week beginning 25 November.
If you’re interested please email Jenny.Scantlebury@nelincs.gov.uk.