Deadline 12 noon 30th October 2020
Funding is available for VCSE organisations in England to run projects that improve outcomes for mothers and babies in deprived areas or from BAME backgrounds from preconception to up to 2-and-a-half years of age.
- have run for at least 3 years
- develop or expand services for children from preconception to 2-and-a-half years old, so they receive the best possible start in life
- be focused on improving health outcomes in black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) communities or areas of high deprivation (including urban, rural and coastal areas)
Eligible projects should aim to support the following health outcomes:
- Improvement in perinatal mental health.
- Reduction in the percentage of babies born with low birthweight.
- An increase in babies being breastfed.
- Obesity prevention and support.
- Reduced smoking or smoke-free homes.
- Improvement in learning and speech and language development.
- High immunisation rates and reduction in rates of preventable disease.