Written and sent on behalf of North East Lincolnshire Council:
Nominations are open now in the 2023 Civic Awards.
To identify and celebrate the people who go above and beyond expectations to forge community spirit across North East Lincolnshire. We are seeking these people who create a positive community impact across the following categories:
- Mayor’s Community Impact Award – Made an outstanding contribution to the lives of people of the Borough or who has enhanced the reputation of North East Lincolnshire at a national level
- Environmental Impact Award – Dedicate time and energy keeping North East Lincolnshire clean and green e.g. organise litter picks, created a community garden, painted local spaces, up-cycled or encouraged others to recycle, assisting and encouraging wildlife, urban farming
- Sporting and Wellness Impact Award – Celebrate the enthusiasm and dedication of individuals and organisations in North East Lincolnshire who help people achieve healthier lives (physical and mental health and social wellbeing) e.g. sports groups, coaches who run classes, groups or 1-1, initiatives to get people outdoors (gardening, walking etc), educating initiatives for sports and wellness
- Business in the Community Award – Company or individual that put North East Lincolnshire’s community at the heart of what they do. Doing business responsibly and supporting local economy through using local supply chains, creating job opportunities, ensuring employees are paid a fair wage and promoting equality and diversity
- Charity / Volunteer of the Year Award – Open to individuals or charitable organisations or social enterprises doing incredible work to support our local communities. Entrants should be North East Lincolnshire-based or their nomination focus on a project happening in North East Lincolnshire
- Inspirational Young Person Award – Someone aged between 0 months and 19 years who is a real inspiration to their community or who has gained exceptional achievement in their chosen field
- Good Neighbour Award – This category says thank you to the people who are so supportive to the people they live near. Whether it’s checking in on a vulnerable person, running errands, offering a listening ear or companionship to someone who’s lonely
Say thank you to someone who is making a difference by nominating them at www.nelincs.gov.uk/CivicAwards.
Nominations are open until 31 January 2023. Each nomination will be reviewed by a judging panel and winners will be presented with their award at a Ceremony in March 2023.