From North East Lincolnshire Council:
The rough sleeper annual snapshot will take place on the night/morning of Tuesday 27th October.
We are looking for volunteers , including anyone who is independent (someone not commissioned or funded by North East Lincolnshire Council) to take part in the rough sleeper annual snapshot.
This is carried out annually and is run by Homeless Link for Central Government. https://www.homeless.org.uk
We are conducting an evidence based estimate, including a spotlight count. This is because we have information provided by Harbour Place Outreach Team, who are out and about North East Lincolnshire on a daily basis and they know where most rough sleepers are. This also helps with the count as on the night/morning we do not have to worry about going into places that may not be safe – derelict buildings, parks, etc.
The spotlight count is to see if there are any other people rough sleeping, who are not seen during the daytime.
- Everyone who is taking part in the count will meet at Harbour Place, Hope Street at 11.45pm for a briefing on health & safety Do’s and Don’t’s
- You must be able to arrive at Harbour Place using your own transport
- You will be paired/in small groups with an experienced member of the Harbour Place Outreach Team and given an area to do the count
- You will need torches, hi vis jacket/gilets (these will be given out if you don’t have them), and you must wear suitable footwear
- The count will start approx. 12.15am and will end at 1.30am at the latest
- Everyone is expected to sign in and sign out at Harbour Place
The co-ordinator will collect the information from the count and will cross reference with the daytime evidence to ensure there is no duplication. The collective information will then be verified by Homeless Link.
Please could you forward this to your staff and known volunteer groups you may work with.
I look forward to hearing from you if you would like to participate.
Mandy Shann, Home Options Gateway Lead Officer, Improved Health, People Directorate, North East Lincolnshire Council
Municipal Offices,Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU