Grants can be used to support the activities of small UK registered charities, including charitable incorporated organisations but not community interest companies, that are currently supporting vulnerable people and working in geographical areas of high deprivation in the UK.
The Leathersellers’ Company Charitable Fund administers a number of ancient trusts and has its own charitable fund.
The Charitable Fund provides:
- Charitable grants to a wide range of charities in the UK.
- Educational awards to UK students taking a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a UK University.
- Sheltered housing for the elderly through the Leathersellers’ Barnet Almshouses
The Charitable Fund operates two grant programmes for UK charities:
- Small Grants Programme – fast-track one-off grants for small projects, eg to cover unexpected expenses. one-off grants of up to £3,000
- Main Grants Programme – from July 2021 until September 2022 the programme is running targeted funding rounds. Grants towards core, capital or project costs are available to support charities working within the focus area of the active round. £20,000 and £25,000 per year for a period of up to four years. (currently closed)