Deadline 15th December 2020
The Ironmongers’ Company have grants for projects in the UK that provide opportunities for disadvantaged children and young people under the age of 25 years to fulfill their potential.
Grants range from a few hundred pounds up to around £10,000. The average grant awarded is £4,000. It must be spent within twelve months from the date of the award.
Support is available for projects that provide opportunities for disadvantaged children and young people under the age of 25 years to fulfill their potential. Projects must meet the following criteria:
- Consist of educational activities that develop learning, motivation and skills.
- Have clear aims and objectives to be met within a planned timescale.
The Company is looking for projects that deliver clearly defined educational benefits to a specific group of children or young people. Items of equipment will be considered only where a full explanation is given of how they will be of use to this activity.
The Company is particularly interested in enabling primary age children to develop a strong foundation for the future. Projects could, for example, achieve the following:
- Support special educational needs.
- Address behavioural problems.
- Promote citizenship, parenting or life skills.