The Edge Innovation Fund (EIF) has opened with £300,000 available for 2021 and will be refreshed with new funds every January up until January 2025. The EIF has no closing date, applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis from the launch date (14th September) and reviewed at regular intervals.
The EIF is looking for projects which are disruptive and innovative in their thinking and approach, challenging the current education system approach.
All potential projects must meet the following criteria. They must:
- Be innovative
- Be disruptive and challenging to the current education system approach
- Address the need for a broad and balanced curriculum containing both vocational and academic learning
- Address Edge’s strategic priorities – namely:
- support making education relevant – empowering young people to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviour needed for success as adults, workers and citizens to play a role in society and address challenging global issues; supporting employers to feel that young people have the qualities they are looking for in a changing economy.
- support a broad, flexible and engaging education
- support high quality, respected professional and vocational education
- support education being connected to employers and the community
All projects must also have, or be able to secure, at least 20% of the total project cost through match funding.