The Baily Thomas Charitable Fund is a registered charity which was established primarily to aid the care and relief of those affected by learning disability.
The Charity operates the following grant schemes:
- Small Grants: from £250 to £5,000.
- General Grants: over £10,000.
The Baily Thomas Charitable Fund describes people with learning disabilities as having three things:
- Global intellectual impairment (intelligence quotient less than 70)
- Need for support/help to fulfil ordinary daily activities
- Onset before the age of 18 years.