The Tesco Community Grants programme supports local good causes across the UK. Since it launched in 2016, the programme has supported more than 36,000 community groups with more than £85 million in grants. The scheme aims to make a positive difference to Tesco communities.
The grants programme is administered by the charity Groundwork who is working with greenspace Scotland to support successful projects in Scotland.
Three levels of grants are awarded with projects receiving:
- First place (the most votes in its area) – a grant of up to £1,500.
- Second place – a grant of up £1,000.
- Third place – a grant of up to £500.
- Breakfast clubs.
- Holiday clubs.
- Food banks.
- Equipment or non statutory services for nurseries or schools eg forest schools, library books
- Equipment for Brownie, Guide or Scout Groups eg camping equipment, badges
- Environmental improvements
- Play areas
- Counselling and support services
- Activities to support mental health
- Activities or equipment to reduce social isolation
- Equipment/kit for sports teams
- Services or equipment to support health issues such as cancer or dementia
- Equipment for village/community halls