Henry Smith Charity have running costs grants available for small community based organisations working in the most deprived areas of the UK to help people to make positive changes in their lives.
you can apply for £20,000 up to £60,000 for up to 3 years.
Henry Smith charity have three main priorities which are:
- Increasing resilience – empowering people, encouraging integration and personal independence, helping people to recover and move on.
- Creating opportunities and life chances – raising aspiration – equipping people with new skills, unlocking and enabling potential, and providing the means to improve life circumstances.
- Empowering communities – strengthening and connecting communities and making people feel valued, providing opportunities for social connections and relationships, encouraging participation and inclusion.
Work must align with one or more of the following aims:
- People from across the community are able to participate in activities that improve connectedness, opportunities and wellbeing.
- People who are excluded, vulnerable, or facing other forms of hardship have access to community based services that support positive change.
- A stronger, active and more engaged community.