Deadline 21st July 2023
Starbucks are working in partnership with in partnership with Hubbub Foundation UK to support UK registered organisations on creative approaches to reducing food waste.
Organisations can apply for up to £40,000.
The funding is for initiatives that do one or more of the following:
- Address pre-farmgate waste (the food production process, up to the point where the products have been harvested and prepared as produce for sale).
- Prevent food from being wasted at the manufacturing and processing stage.
- Minimise food waste from retailers.
- Find creative ways to use surplus food in communities or at home.
The funding can be spent on the following costs as long as the costs are directly attributed to the initiative being funded:
- Salaries if the person is working to deliver the initiative being funded
- Marketing and promotion costs
- Capital costs