Further funding will be announced July / August 2020
The Smallwood Trust has been helping women on low incomes since 1886, more than 130 years. Her Majesty The Queen has been our patron since 1953.
Smallwood Trust mission is to enable women to become financially resilient by equipping them with the skills they need to secure a confident financial future. The Trust provide grants to organisations and individuals and work with selected partners to help women overcome financial adversity and to improve their social and emotional well-being.
All of our funding is directed at meeting this mission. The Smallwood Trust aims to achieve its outcomes through grant-making, evaluating what projects and approaches work best and partnership working.
The average grant size is £10,000 to £15,000.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have a clear mission and project that is aligned to helping women to become financially resilient.
- Be well managed with clear governance structures.
- Have robust financial procedures in place and be a going concern.
- Be working with other local agencies and partners.
- Provide venues and services which are open and accessible.
- Be led by experienced trustees, staff and volunteers.
- Have appropriate safeguarding measures and policies in place.
For more information please visit The Smallwood Trust website here.