In celebration of Small Charity Week, Institute for Voluntary Action Research (IVAR) wanted to share six ways in which VCSE leaders are adapting.
- Actively managing staff and volunteer welfare, by encouraging them to:
- Take some time off
- Build self-care into the working day
- Find opportunities for social connection (e.g. daily quizzes, sharing a favourite book or photo weekly)
- Keep a diary
- Adopt a more flexible working pattern
- Introduce a buddy system across the team to ensure people have someone they can check-in with regularly