Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced a move to Plan B in England.
- Move to Plan B confirmed as Omicron spreads across UK, with early analysis suggesting cases could be doubling at a rate of as little as 2.5 to 3 days
- Face masks to become compulsory in most public indoor venues, other than hospitality
- NHS Covid Pass to be mandatory in specific settings, using a negative test or full vaccination via the NHS Covid Pass
- Vaccines and testing remain our best lines of defence
- People asked to work from home if they can