The Community Business Fund is designed to support existing community businesses with grants to help them progress towards self-sufficiency. This could be through increasing trading income, securing an asset or significantly reducing revenue costs.
Grants of £50,000 – £300,000 are available to cover:
- Capital costs including building, vehicles, equipment of significant value, refurbishment costs.
- Project-specific revenue costs like staff costs, professional fees, volunteer costs
Who can apply? Existing Community Businesses that are incorporated and based in England can apply.
A variety of legal structures are eligible to apply but organisations must be incorporated and have a charitable purpose at the heart of the project that funding is being sought for.
Examples of incorporated organisations include:
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation
- Community Benefit Society
- Community Interest Company Limited by Guarantee
- Community Interest Company Limited by Shares
- Company Limited by Guarantee
- Company Limited by Shares
- Cooperative Society