The Trustees are particularly keen to assist projects which have encountered difficulties in raising funds from other sources, and to fund projects which will make a significant impact in their chosen area. The Trust aims to preserve and promote Britain’s historical and intellectual assets and to provide assistance to vulnerable members of society.
There are two levels of funding:
- Small grants of less than £5,000.
- Main grant scheme of more than £5,000.
Preservation and Scholarship Grants support the following:
- Preservation of, and repairs to, historic buildings and architectural features.
- Conservation of works of art, books, significant ephemera, museum objects and records held in museums, galleries, specialist archives and repositories.
- Promotion of knowledge through academic research and its dissemination.