Last month the Personal Protective Equipment at Work (Amendment) Regulations 2022 (PPER 2022) came into force. They amend the 1992 Regulations (PPER 1992).
They extend employers’ and employees’ duties regarding personal protective equipment (PPE) to limb (b) workers.
This page explains changes to the scope of the PPE Regulations which apply from 6 April 2022. There is also basic advice on PPE at work.
- Amended regulations
- Duties unchanged but extended
- Definitions of limb (a) and limb (b) workers
- What PPE is
- Hierarchy of controls
- Employers with both employees and limb (b) workers
- Employers with only limb (b) workers
- How this legislation is enforced
- PPE not regulated and enforced under PPER 1992