Nuffield Foundation are offering grants to universities, research institutes, think tanks and voluntary organisations to support multidisciplinary projects with the potential for lasting and significant impact.
The Funder is looking for project to comprise mixed method approaches, including:
- How do digital technologies and digital communications alleviate, exacerbate and shift vulnerability, and affect concepts of trust, evidence, and authority?
- In what ways do factors such as socio-economic status, gender, ethnicity, community, and geography affect the vulnerability of people to different types of risk, and how can this be mitigated?
- What interventions might promote opportunity and reduce adversity through different life stages, and promote social inclusion between and across generations?
- What are the social and economic implications of physical and mental disability and chronic illness?
- How can social policy institutions make better use of research, evidence, and data in order to understand better the needs of those they serve, and improve services and outcomes?
Strategic Fund grants are expected to be in the range of £1 million to £3 million (although there is no fixed lower or upper limit).