Written and sent on behalf of North East Lincolnshire Council:
North East Lincolnshire Council (NELC) recognises that there are insufficient, good quality options for care experienced young people needing a new home to support them as they move towards independence.
Through our sufficiency analysis and commissioning of Housing Related Support we have identified the need for a range of accommodation and support options for our young people up to the age of 21.
- Supported lodgings.
- High needs supported living (24 / 7 staffing on site).
- Standard needs supported living (staff primarily available during the day but not at night unless in an emergency).
- Supported tenancies.
- Floating support.
This market consultation event is to undertake discussions with potential providers so as to better understand their perspectives on how services should be commissioned and provided in North East Lincolnshire.
There is no fixed agenda for the meeting, but topics that could be discussed include:
- What model of accommodation and support would work best for the needs of our young people and young adults?
- How can NELC support the development of true partnerships involving all providers and the council?
- How could these partnerships be used to improve outcomes for young people?
- What are the opportunities to work differently together in order to provide more effective and efficient services for young people leaving care?
Further details can be found within the PMC information that is to be published via Yortender.