Deadline 26th October 2020
The fund it open to UK businesses, charities, CICs, community groups and public bodies to apply for support to accelerate innovations that can help vulnerable workers that have been hardest hit by the coronavirus crisis to access jobs and financial help.
The Challenge combines Nesta’s research on skills, jobs, labour market innovation and data science with our expertise in running challenge prizes. The Challenge has two streams:
- Job Recovery Stream – this stream supports solutions that connect younger workers or those in (or who have recently lost) low-paid or insecure work into open jobs that match their skill sets. To help make these connections to live jobs, expect solutions in this stream may also provide tailored learning, training, or advice to people seeking work.
- Financial Recovery Stream – this stream supports solutions that help younger workers or those in (or who have recently lost) low-paid or insecure work access financial assistance more easily, manage their cash flow or, where necessary, access affordable, responsible credit.
he programme has a total prize fund of £2.8 million. Funds will be released in increments, with funding being awarded at each stage, as follows:
- In December 2020, 12 semi-finalists (six in each stream) will each receive £125,000.
- In May 2021, six finalists (three in each stream) will each receive £150,000.
- In September 2021, two winners (one in each stream) will each receive £200,000.