Sent on behalf of Helen Willis, Safeguarding Children Partnership Manager
Please find enclosed the SCP Annual Report 2020-21 below which has also been published on the SCP website SaferNEL | Safeguarding Children Partnership – SaferNEL.
The report sets out the achievements, area of focus and areas of development going forward. These include:
- Effective partnership arrangements for responding to contextual safeguarding.
- Section 11 audit activity evidences partner agencies have robust safeguarding arrangements in place.
- Effective processes for learning when things go wrong and in identifying required practice improvement.
- Strengthened arrangements for hearing the voice of the child, however, work identified in respect of assessing and the child’s lived experience.
Areas of focus:
- Performance reporting and monitoring across the child concern model and partner agencies.
- Oversight of Early Help, Children Looked After, Contextual Safeguarding and Domestic Abuse.
- Reviewing the safeguarding training offer.
- Reviewing the impact of local arrangements and the resources and capacity required to deliver the two outcomes
Areas of development:
- Further developing systems for embedding learning and evidencing improved practice and outcomes for children.
- Reviewing and strengthening Governance arrangements including performance and assurance activity.
- Reviewing and strengthening the local response to neglect.
- Reviewing and strengthening the local understanding and response to familial sexual harm.
- Overseeing the impact of the local transition arrangements in supporting children to move to adulthood
Please contact Helen Willis firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any further information.