Grants are available for not-for-profit groups to undertake research to help better understand the problems that disabled people face in the transport system and to how they can be solved.
Funding is intended to support Motability’s key outcomes of:
- Access – Increased ability to access people and places using transport.
- Choice and control – Improved independence and control to make decisions.
- Connect – increased social connections and relationships.
- Education – increased ability to access education.
- Work – increased ability to work and pursue a career.
- Wellbeing – Improved sense of health and wellbeing.
Grants of £50,000 to £1 million are available. They can be split over one, two or three years.