Currently closed to small and large grant applications and will re-open in January 2022.
Grants are available to charities in England and Wales that support disadvantaged and vulnerable children and young people (up the age of 25 years) to overcome the barriers they face in order to achieve the best possible start in life.
There are two funding levels:
- Large grants start at £10,000 – £60,000 are available to charities with an income exceeding £500,000.
- Small grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 are available to charities with an income of under £500,000.
All grants can be over one, two, or three years.
The funder has set out target areas for its grant-making programme:
- Creating the best start in life for disadvantaged children and young people.
- Reducing isolation in later life.
- Medical research into degenerative disease.
- Care services in the hospice sector.