Forum’s Sector Support services ran a free webinar on “9th May that offered advice and guidance on managing your group, charity or social enterprise during the Covid-19 crisis. With so much information out there, we are aware that many groups require a clear summary of the support available.
The 2-hour session covered:
- Funding: Current and emerging information about Covid-specific funding, crowdfunding, loan programmes and other sources of income
- Financial planning: Key factors to consider, including prioritising payments, accounting deadlines and making decisions to increase sustainability
- Supporting staff and volunteers: Furlough and sick leave, understanding government guidance
- Organisational planning: New work, new roles and new priorities – what does it all mean for your group or organisation?
- Returning to a ‘normal’ working environment: Understanding vulnerabilities and employee/volunteer rights, checklists to assess practicalities including buildings, vehicles, meetings, PPE and hygiene measures
All participants received copies of any slides, checklists or free resources used during the presentation.