Deadline 16th December 2022
Join Power to Change and the Virgin Money Foundation for Leading the Way, a leadership programme running in the North East of England and Yorkshire & the Humber from Spring 2023 to Summer 2024. Twenty leaders (ten from each region) will learn and problem solve together, supported through one-to-one mentoring and coaching, cohort-based learning days, and specialist support for their organisation, all underpinned by a grant. The package of support is worth approximately £25,000 per person.
- Build a network of peers to learn from and partner with
- Develop confidence in your own leadership through one-to-one mentoring and coaching
- Learn technical management skills to more effectively manage your organisation
- Prioritise the strategic work which will support you and your organisation to grow and develop
- Bring specialist support into your organisation to work on challenges or opportunities
- Embed the programme’s learning through your organisation, ensuring that both you and your team are strengthened
The programme consists of:
- One-to-one work with a mentor who will work with you to identify and develop your goals for the programme and co-produce an action plan. Mentors will work across a cohort and also have a role in facilitating learning between leaders on the programme
- Cohort-based learning days, scheduled every 6 weeks and hosted in-person and in-region: most likely in Leeds, Newcastle and York. Across the ten learning days you’ll have the opportunity to build your technical management skills and leadership skills, and work with your peers to share, learn and problem-solve together
- One-to-one coaching to support your personal development throughout the programme, with ten sessions available to you
- One-to-one specialist support to bring expertise into your organisation to help you embed your learning from the programme and to address challenges or opportunities that are specific to you and your organisation
- A grant to support your participation in the programme and to embed your leaning and the impact of your organisation. Your grant can be used to backfill your role while you take part in the programme, support your learning, cover any costs for childcare or other caring responsibilities, and for travel costs
- Online talks and site visits, co-designed by the leaders on the programme, to bring you additional insight and value.