Deadline 1st September
Part-Time, 14 Hours Per Week (0.35 Fte) Some Evenings
One Year Fixed Term Contract
SALARY: £8,189 per annum for 14 hours/week (£23,164 FTE)
Oasis Charitable Trust is a multi-national charity supporting young people and their families in 10 countries worldwide. Their vision is for building healthy communities: places where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their full potential.
They have an opportunity for an experienced Lead Youth Worker to work as part of their Oasis Hub South Grimsby team to deliver a programme of activities and opportunities that support the personal and social development of the young people within the local community based in South Grimsby. This activity takes place over some weekday evenings.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To develop and deliver a youth mentoring programme that is meaningful and positive
- To deliver a successful evening targeted youth provision (e.g. sports, creative arts and drama projects).
- To line manage, youth sessional staff and volunteers
- Support young people to engage in volunteering and leadership opportunities.
The successful post holder must have:
- A relevant professional qualification in Youth & Community work (Level 3 or above).
- Experience working in a youth/community setting alongside other statutory and voluntary organisations.
- Ability to function in diverse settings and with a wide range of professional agencies.
- Be self-motivated, resilient, with excellent organisational/administrative and inter-personal skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing national organisation, making a difference to communities on a local level, while individually improving the life chances of young people. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
- A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
- A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
If you are interested in this position, please email email@example.com to receive an Application Pack. (CVs alone will not be accepted).
Completed applications should be returned by 9am Tuesday 1st September 2020.
Interviews will take place in South Grimsby on 9th September 2020.