Introducing national standards for unregulated accommodation

Deadline 19th July

The government wants to hear what care experienced children and young people think should be covered in new national standards for unregulated accommodation, and how to make sure that they are high quality and keep young people safe.

They would like to know your views on:

  • how to tell the difference between children’s homes and independent and semi-independent accommodation
  • what this type of accommodation should be called
  • what should be included in the new standards
  • how Ofsted should make sure the accommodation is following the new standards

You can share your thoughts here

They have also published a separate version of this consultation aimed at local authorities and providers