Registered charities, social enterprises and constituted charitable groups can apply for £20,000 – £70,000 to help people in the UK when other sources of support have failed, are inappropriate, or are simply not available.
Henry Smith Charity’s six main priorities are as follows:
- Help at a critical moment – Helping people to rebuild their lives following a crisis, critical moment, trauma or abuse.
- Positive choices – Helping people, whose actions or behaviours have led to negative consequences for themselves and others, to make positive choices.
- Accommodation/housing support – Enabling people to work towards or maintain accommodation.
- Employment and training – Supporting people to move towards or gain employment.
- Financial inclusion, rights and entitlements – Supporting people to overcome their financial problems and ensure that they are able to claim their rights and entitlements.
- Support networks and family – Working with people to develop improved support networks and family relationships.
The funding is for revenue costs and direct service delivery, which may include salaries, overheads and day-to-day running costs or be for a specific project that falls within the Charity’s remit.