Deadline 26th July 2023
The scheme is intended to support smaller charitable organisations undertaking projects for young people, the disabled, terminally ill patients and others in need. The main objective of the Trustees’ grant-making is to improve lives and to lift people’s aspirations.
The Foundation supports the following:
- Youth: to help disadvantaged young people, supporting youth projects through education, the arts, sport and adventurous activities.
- Disabled: to improve the quality of life of those with a mental or physical disability.
- The elderly and terminally ill: to improve the quality of life of the elderly and those receiving end of life care.
- Miscellaneous support: other social welfare projects such as those for carers, the homeless and ex-offenders.
Although funding is at the discretion of the Trustees, the Foundation notes:
- Typically, grants of up to £5,000 are regularly made and occasional larger sums are given to charities where high impact can be achieved.
- Smaller charities may receive smaller grants of £250 upwards.