The Humber, Coast and Vale Green Social Prescribing programme is one of seven ‘test and learn’ sites in England that will examine how health and care services, working with communities and local organisations, can connect more people with nature and nature-based activities to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
The programme is funded by: DEFRA; NHS England; NHS Improvement; the Department of Health and Social Care; Natural England; Public Health England; the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government; the National Academy for Social Prescribing; and Sport England. The programme is being run by the Humber, Coast and Vale Health and Care Partnership through their Lead Provider, HEY Smile Foundation.
They have just released their 6th Newsletter, covering
- Humber, Coast and Vale Green Social Prescribing Programme Grants 2021
- Mental Health Awareness Day
- Poppleton Community Railway Nursery
- Community Mental Health Workshop 22nd October (1-3pm)
- The Woodland Trust’s Big Climate Fightback 2021
- The benefits of care farming
- Pause. Reflect. Continue. A Moment of Calm in Nature – Coaching Walk
- Ideas Fund