Public, private and third sector organisations in England can access capital grant funding to help new and existing heat networks move to low and zero carbon technologies, such as heat pumps, solar and geothermal energy.
This capital grant programme aims to stimulate the growth of low-carbon heat networks that will support the delivery of the UK’s 2050 climate change commitments and expand the current heat networks supply chain. During the programme’s lifetime, an estimated 10.3Mt of total carbon savings are expected to be made by 2050; the equivalent of taking 4.5 million cars in England off the road for a year.
The scheme’s objectives are to:
- Achieve carbon savings and decreases in carbon intensity of heat supplied.
- Increase the total amount of low-carbon heat utilisation in heat networks (both retrofitted and new heat networks).
- Contribute towards market transformations across the investment landscape and supply chain that will better prepare the heat network sector for further decarbonisation.
- Round 1: 27 May 2022
- Round 2: 30 September 2022
- Round 3: 30 December 2022
- Round 4: 31 March 2023
- Round 5: 30 June 2023
- Round 6: 29 September 2023
- Round 7: 29 December 2023
- Round 8: 29 March 2024
- Round 9: 28 June 2024
- Round 10: 27 September 2024
- Round 11: 27 December 2024