The Small Grants programme is provided by the Football Foundation, a partnership charity formed by the Premier League, the Football Association, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and Sport England. The charity’s aim is ‘to transform lives and strengthen communities through the power of football’.
The Foundation provides funding for smaller capital items and projects to support grassroots football in England, improving the experience of playing football for everyone involved.
Grants of up to £25,000 can be awarded.
The following can be funded:
- Ball retention systems.
- Minor works to changing rooms and club house refurbishment.
- Pitch maintenance – contractor services.
- Pitch maintenance – drainage.
- Pitch maintenance – maintenance machinery.
- Portable floodlights.
- Storage containers.
- Improvements to playing surfaces.