Written and sent on behalf of North East Lincolnshire Council:
world-class free spectacle is heading to Cleethorpes later this year in the form of “The Twilight Hour”.
Created by internationally recognised performance company, Periplum and produced by From the Fields, The Twilight Hour will help re-imagine some of the stories, history, folklore and memories unique to Cleethorpes and its people.
Ahead of the performance, the organisers want to work with the local community and artists in the area to create this work, and they are already looking for:
- stories of women workers, industry and sea-faring
- magical stories of supernatural characters in Cleethorpes, especially women, e.g. wise women and ghosts
- any stories relating to Meridian Park Showground, and the Meridian Line itself
- local dialect – expressions and words unique to Cleethorpes
- personal memories of places & people (memorable & eccentric characters) and life in the town
- childhood memories – school / gang rivalries, places where children played, and the games they took part in
- social history and heritage, stories of pubs & bars, sports and community clubs
- changes in the landscape, natural and built
- stories of life by the sea and seaside activities
- vintage or modern film footage, postcards and pictures
If you can help with any of the above, please email: email@example.com in the first instance.