European Commission are running small scale funding to help bring highly innovative low-carbon technologies in EU Member States to the market.
The Innovation Fund focuses on:
- Innovative low-carbon technologies and processes in energy intensive industries, including products substituting carbon intensive ones
- Carbon capture and utilisation (CCU)
- Construction and operation of carbon capture and storage (CCS)
- Innovative renewable energy generation
- Energy storage
The application process has two stages:
- Expression of interest, with a first assessment on the project effectiveness, innovation and maturity level. Projects that meet only the first two criteria may qualify for project development assistance.
- Full application, where projects are assessed on all the criteria, including scalability and cost efficiency.
The first call for proposals for small-scale projects is open until 10 March 2021
Project proponents can apply by submitting their projects when there is an open call for proposals.
The first call for proposals for large-scale projects is closed.