- February 2022 funding round: 4 April 2022
- Improving attendance and reducing exclusions funding round: 16 May 2022
Grants are available to organisations to help raise the standards of underperforming schools in England. The EEF’s funding rounds will now focus on particular topics, and projects will be funded within selected themes under these topics:
Current Funding Rounds
- February 2022 Grant Funding Round
EEF are looking for applications for programmes that have some evidence of promise for this funding round in the three following research priority areas:
- Early Language
- Mathematics in the Early Years and Key Stage 1
- Cognitive Science.
These priority areas have been identified using existing EEF evidence reviews as having gaps in the evidence base and with the potential to benefit disadvantaged pupils and in consultation with stakeholders.
Further information on each of the three priority areas can be found on EEF’s website.
- Improving Attendance and Reducing Exclusions Funding Round
The EEF and the Youth Endowment Fund (YEF) are partnering to find, fund, and evaluate programmes and practices in England and Wales that could both keep children safe from involvement in violence and improve academic attainment, by reducing absenteeism.
EEF/YEF are particularly interested in funding projects within these areas, that being:
- Anti-bullying programmes
- Classroom Behaviour Management programmes
- Internal Alternative Provision interventions
- Needs-led attendance interventions
- Parent/carer communication interventions
- Social and emotional learning interventions
- Targeted family engagement interventions.