Deadline 2nd August 2022
The Fund is intended to support local community groups to deliver sustainable initiatives to educate and support their communities, providing long-term solutions to current problems. The majority of beneficiaries should be located in specified areas. Proposals to help those less likely to access support or those who are vulnerable are encouraged.
Projects should address at least one of the following objectives:
- Alleviating hardship associated with fuel poverty and promoting innovative energy-related environmental impact, energy efficiency or carbon reduction.
- Support community groups with crisis planning.
- Encouraging interest, develop learning pathways and support in STEM subjects and related career opportunities.
- Promoting use of the Priority Services Register (a free service provided by network operators and suppliers to customers in vulnerable circumstances within communities).
- Support communities to lower their carbon footprint.
Grants between £1,000 and £10,000 are available for one year or up to £20,000 for two years. Small, unincorporated and unregistered groups may apply for grants up to £5,000.