Applications will open again in Spring 2023
Grants are available for small, locally based voluntary and community groups to support projects which benefit local communities around Co-op food stores and funeral homes across the UK or the Isle of Man.
The more Co-op members that support the project and shop at Co-op, the more money groups will receive.
In most areas, this is between £1,000 and £3,000 on average. Successful groups will receive a minimum of £1,000 to support their projects. Up to 3 projects in each community will be chosen.
To be eligible, groups or activities must:
- Make good things happen in their area.
- Be not-for-profit (unless they are helping people stay connected during coronavirus/Covid-19).
- Be locally run.
- Follow government guidelines on social distancing.
Priority will be given to organisations with an income of less than £1 million a year.
The funding is for projects that:
- Enable people to access food and co-operate together to feed everyone.
- Help improve people’s mental wellbeing.
- Offer young people opportunities to develop new skills and make a difference in their community.
- Help people protect local biodiversity or tackle climate change by reducing carbon emissions.