Deadline 30th May 2021
Grants are available for small, locally based voluntary and community groups to support projects which benefit local communities around Co-op food stores and funeral homes across the UK or the Isle of Man.
No minimum or maximum amount of funding is specified. Most communities get £4,000 to £5,000+ to share between three causes.
Every time members buy Co-op branded products and services, 1% of their purchase is donated to local causes in their community. Co-op are looking to support projects their members care about – which will bring people together to co-operate for a fairer world – with a focus on one or more of the following:
- Access to food
- Access to mental wellbeing
- Access to skills and education
To be eligible for funding, the main activities of the project must:
- Take place in the UK or Isle of Man.
- Benefit the local community.
- Take place or will still be running after November 2020.
- Meet the Co-operatives values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity. (In the tradition of their founders, Co-operative members believe in the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.)