From BBC News:
Chancellor Rishi Sunak has said the most vulnerable people will get more support with the rising cost of living, and set out what he said was a £15bn support package.
So who will get what, and how will it be paid for?
- Every household in the UK is to get an energy bill discount of £400
- Those on the lowest incomes – around eight million people supported through welfare system – will receive one-off cost of living payment of £650 in two lump sums
- Pensioners who receive winter fuel payment will receive a one-off payment of £300
- Six million people who receive disability allowance will get a payment of £150
- There will be a temporary windfall tax on the profits of oil and gas companies at a rate of 25%