From Safe Families:
‘Each One, Reach One’
As the Covid pandemic and lockdown continue, we are finding it increasingly hard to connect with churches and recruit new volunteers, which we desperately need….SO,
- Is there 1 friend you think might make a great volunteer?
- Would you ask them to consider volunteering with Safe Families?
Please encourage them to email or phone me at
Or check out our website at www.safefamilies.uk where they can sign up to volunteer. Thank you so much!
Humberside Police and Crime Commissioner:
New Year – New Opportunity?
The Police and Crime Commissioner is really keen to hear from people in our local communities who want to help make a difference; we want to ensure that our scrutiny groups reflect our local communities.
We are currently recruiting volunteers for:
- Use of Police Powers Scrutiny Group – we are particularly interested in hearing from those affected by the use of police powers such as Use of Force and Stop & Search.
- Hate Crime Scrutiny Group – we are seeking volunteers with lived experience of hate crime who can help us effectively scrutinise the police response.
- Meet 4-6 times per year
- Check and challenge issues
- Provide the opportunity to do things differently, to learn and to progress
In return we will:
- Pay reasonable travel expenses and provide refreshments at meetings
- Ensure your findings help to inform our Independent Ethics and Scrutiny Board, which in turn will inform the Police and Crime Commissioner’s discussions with the Chief Constable and others
If interested, you can find out more about the roles and complete an application form via this link:
Closing date is 5pm on Friday 29th January 2021, we aim to then contact people in early February 2021, if successful.
Update from YMCA Humber:
Here at YMCA Humber we believe everyone has potential to unlock …… If you share this belief and are passionate about making a difference to the lives of young and vulnerable people within the Humber region why not take a look at our Trustee Recruitment Pack and help us shape the future of our dynamic and progressive organisation.
Why not join us at the most exciting time in the organisation’s history – If you have a flare in Communications, Marketing or Web Development; Experience in Income generation, Corporate engagement & business partnerships; or experience of working with young or vulnerable people we are especially keen to hear from you.
Serving as a trustee is an excellent opportunity to use and to develop your skills in strategic planning and the overall management of an organisation.
We would really love to talk to you about this exciting voluntary opportunity. Please call 01472 359621 to find out more.
The COVID-19 pandemic has prompted an outpouring of community spirit and volunteering, which has been critical to the local response. Many older people have made significant contributions to their communities during lockdown, with 30 per cent of people aged 50 to 70 volunteering informally and 87 per cent saying they wanted to continue. The Centre for Ageing Better guide is designed as a practical tool to support organisations working with volunteers to engage over 50s and widen participation among different types of people.
Peggy’s is a new organisation (charity registration pending) with the aim of supporting families living with dementia, older age and frailty in North Lincolnshire, not dependent on age or on a formal diagnosis. Peggy’s wishes to provide a positive element to people’s lives and meet the unmet needs for those newly diagnosed and continued support along the progression of the illness.
We are now recruiting trustees to join our charity. For more information please download the trustee role description.
SSAFA provides lifelong support to those who currently serving or have served in the military.
SSAFA welcome new volunteers from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences.
Help them change lives for the better – search for your local SSAFA volunteering opportunities today at https://ssaf.as/volunteerin2021.
Do you want to volunteer, or need more volunteers to help your group help others?
Blue Lights Brigade are supporting the community effort across the borough by taking on volunteers to help with tasks including:
- delivering food/supplies to vulnerable residents
- picking up and delivering prescriptions
- having a friendly phone conversation with those at risk of loneliness when in isolation
- supporting with critical transport needs
- helping with digital skills coaching
If you are currently running community services like food shopping, prescription collections, community shops or befriending, and you’d like to request additional volunteers, click on the download button at the bottom of the page and complete the form.
Individuals can register to volunteer to help the community during the Covid-19 pandemic by going to http://www.bluelightsbrigade.co.uk
Women’s Aid would like to invite you to a Recycling Rally.
Can you spare one hour of your time?
Could you pop in to help them sort through their hundreds of bags of donated recycling. . . . . they all have to be sorted into separate bags
(crisps, biscuits, sweets, etc)
Friday 20th September 2019 Drop in anytime between
9.30am – 4pm, Centre 4, Wootton Road, Grimsby
This fun & social event is being organised because their recycling appeal has been so amazing and successful !
Refreshments, biscuits and cakes will be provided to keep you going !
ANY amount of time you can give on the day would be very much appreciated (adults only)
– maybe an hour or two, or the morning/afternoon?
– full instructions and help will be provided