YMCA Humber are looking to recruit a Rent Officer:
1 x Full time – 37 ½ hours per week
Salary – £21,963 – £24,653 depending on experience
Key accountabilities of this role, which reports to the Finance and Information Services Manager, will include –
- Ensuring all residents’ rent and payments for services are paid in a timely manner and payment plan are in place if necessary.
- Ensuring all resident rent accounts are up to date and accurately reflect all payments made and rent and other charges owed.
- Ensuring all support Coaches are trained in the processes to support residents making online Housing Benefits and Universal Credit claims without errors.
- Managing resident arrears – both personal and housing benefit claims in line with operational targets ensuring maximised income via Housing Benefit.
This role requires –
- An up to date understanding of welfare entitlement legislation relating to funding for social housing.
- Experience of supporting individuals who may exhibit challenging and/or chaotic behaviour.
- An understanding of other issues that may impact our residents’ ability to manage money effectively, including the Universal Credit framework.
- An ability to understand / interpret financial data and manipulate
When you join YMCA Humber, you gain access to a broad range of employee benefits. Some of them are subject to successfully passing your probation period, but others can be accessed from day one. They include:
- 5 weeks holiday plus Public Holidays
- Competitive rates of pay and pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- DBS cost paid
- Induction Programme and on the job training opportunities
- Regular supervision and 121 support from your Manager
- Internal progression opportunities