Deadline 31st August 2021
The funding is for projects that will improve accessibility to waterways and facilities thereby enabling greater use of them. There is particular interest in enabling enhanced participation in paddle sports for all people.
Online funding applications are expected to be in the range from £500 to £10,000 and encouraged to be deliverable by the end of 2021. Exceptional projects over £10,000 will be considered.
Types of projects they would consider:
- Launch and landing platforms, steps or ramps.
- Improvements to pathways and accessible routes to the waters edge.
- Signage and information that promotes positive behaviour (Countryside code, “Check, Clean, Dry”, take your litter home etc).
- Designated or additional parking for water users.
- Works to address erosion and create more sustainable access points.
- Projects that actively engage recreational water users in helping protect the waterway environment (such as river clean initiatives, habitat creation or invasive non-native species action).
- Projects that are multi user or can benefit more than one user group.
- Projects that benefit all paddlers rather than member facilities