From North East Lincolnshire Council:
North East Lincolnshire Council has published its business recovery plan, outlining the steps being taken to support to local businesses, create employment opportunities and help to reshape the future economy.
The plan, which has three themes – Restore, Reshape and Replenish- outlines how the authority wants to work with businesses dealing with issues such as COVID and Brexit to re-engineer the way they trade and operate.
It lists a number of commitments as the area looks at both challenges and opportunities moving forward, including:
- maximising external and local funding opportunities and incentives to assist in the immediate business needs and keep people in employment
- delivering regeneration, investment and cultural development plans for the area’s Town Centres;
- looking to future emerging job roles and sector changes by seeking to attract new business investment and equip people with skills for the future opportunities
- ensuring a focus on low carbon and green energy
- building on NEL’s position as one of the major port complexes in the UK and seeking expand the opportunities of the recently-announced Freeport status;