Deadline 16th November 2020
This fund is available for not-for-profit organisations in England that are developing cycling activity in their community for the development of new, or the improvement of existing, cycling facilities in communities.
The funders main priorities of the programme are:
- Inspiring people to ride
- Connecting the community
- Building a lasting legacy
The programme aims to:
- Encourage more people from a range of different backgrounds regardless of gender, age, ability or ethnicity to engage with cycling in all its forms. There should be more opportunities for people to enjoy riding in an accessible and inclusive environment; focusing especially on provision that responds to the needs of women and girls and people with a disability.
- Invest in opportunities that connect local communities and address barriers to engaging with cycling. Recognise the wider benefits of riding a bike to enable societal benefits such as community cohesion, reducing social isolation and promoting health and well-being through prevention.
- Ensure a lasting legacy of active environments that provide high quality and affordable opportunities to engage with cycling now, that will continue to be deliverable in the future.
There are two fund that you can apply for:
- Small grants of between £1,000 and £50,000
- Larger grants of up to £500,000.