This fund is intended to support not-for-profit organisations for community projects that deliver a direct improvement to biodiversity near landfill sites in England and Northern Ireland.
Grants are available from £10,000 to £75,000.
Rebuilding Biodiversity grants are available for conservation projects, which aim to protect and enhance the environment so that it can adapt to threats such as climate change, and are located near to Biffa Group Ltd operations or landfill sites in England or Northern Ireland. The scheme supports a variety of living things and includes all species of plants and animals and the natural systems (or habitats) that support them.
- Be working to Biodiversity 2020: A strategy for England’s Wildlife and Ecosystem Services Section 3; its successor, as agreed in the 25 year plan; or a Local Biodiversity Action Plan target.
- Lead to a direct improvement to a habitat or species.
Preference will be given to projects that have a strong element of public access or inclusion, such as volunteer involvement.
Eligible costs include:
- Habitat improvement works.
- Tree surgery.
- Scrub removal.
- The purchase of plants, seed and trees.
- Reasonable salary costs for staff directly involved in project delivery and/or supervising volunteers in delivery.